March 9, 2012

Q & A

I was asked by a friend to answer these questions. So here it goes!

1. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to & why?
Jane. I love the name Jane, it was my grandma's middle name and I'm just a 'plain Jane' at heart.

2. What website(s) consumes most of your internet time?
I hate to admit it, but Facebook would win this category. Maybe I'm too nosy or social, but it helps me feel like 'Jen' some days, and not just a stay at home mommy.

3. Is there one household chore you love to do? how about one you detest?
Love to organize. Am most neurotic about the floors. Hate cleaning the master shower and folding laundry.

4. Coke or Pepsi? Diet or Regular?
Diet Coke, hands down. It's so refreshing. Regular Coke and Pepsi make my mouth feel funny, but I became addicted to Diet Coke when I worked as a teller in college.

5. You have an entire day to yourself- no commitments, no responsibilities. What do you do?
I'd sleep in (aka wake up whenever I feel like waking up, not at 6 am when Alison stands in my doorway shouting at me that she's awake) and then I'd drink hot coffee while watching the Today Show. I'd have a real quiet time, take a long shower, followed by completely getting ready for the day without being interrupted. I would get a hair cut and pedicure and eat a really big ice cream sundae all by myself. I'm going to pretend this day also comes with a non-pregnant body and lots of cash, so then I'd get a massage and go to Ann Taylor Loft and the Gap and buy some really cute new clothes. I'd end the day with meeting some girlfriends at Abuelo's and sip a Margarita. Then I'd come home, climb in some pj's and watch a really good chick flick. Oh, and I'd hire someone to come deep clean my house while I'm out doing all these super fun things. I think I took this question a little too far :)

6. Have you ever been to Disney?
Yes. My parents took me and my sister when we were teenagers. Okay, I was probably 11 or 12, but I was definitely in that awkward stage and do not enjoy looking back at pictures. I'm looking forward to replacing those memories with ones of my princess. Here's hoping we actually make it there before she's 11!

7. If you online shop, tell me where. If not, what stores do you frequent to drop some dolla dolla bills?
I only shop on Amazon...you can find anything and everything you could ever need and thanks to a wonderful mother-in-law, we get free shipping. Living in a small town that doesn't have a Target or Walmart, this website has saved me on many occasions. You can't beat shopping in your pj's, while sitting on your couch and someone brings your things to your door the next day.

8. What are your fears?
not having a close relationship with my kids, tornados and not getting back into shape after this baby.

9. If you were a famous athlete, what would you be famous for?
I'm not a sports fan...don't enjoy watching or playing. But if I had to choose a pretend life, I'd choose a surfer. I mean, who wouldn't want to spend life on the beach and have a ripped body?


10. Right-handed or left?
Right.

11. 30 years from now, what does your life look like?
I'm scared to answer this one. Many years ago I said what I thought my life would look like when I was 30, and as I'm approaching my 30th birthday, it's scary (and yet absolutely amazing) how everything has actually happened. It is incredible how God answers unspoken prayers...how he knows the inmost longings and desires of our heart. I said I would be married, a stay-at-home mom of 3 kids, with the oldest one going into Kindergarten. However, after Eli was born, Ben and I decided 2 kids was a better fit for our family. Little did we know. My husband turns 29 next week, my son turns 2 in April, I turn 30 in May, we have our third baby in June and my daughter turns 5 in July. How's that for answered prayers?

Maybe in 30 years I'll be that surfer on the beach, running around with my grandkids (let's just say we have 8), building sand castles and sippin' lemonade. Ben and I will be renowned chefs and spend our time entertaining friends and family in our beautiful beach house. Sounds nice, but for some reason Giada De Laurentiis keeps popping up in this vision.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So fun! Thanks for playing!

Jamie said...

I want to come with you on your dream day! That sounded AWESOME!!

edj3 said...

I feel like I got to know you a little better through these questions!