March 29, 2012

So Happy Together!


Yes, I have the song "So Happy Together" floating through my head.
Alison and Eli have started sharing a room and it's been wonderful!
I was SO worried and concerned that Alison would wake up Eli and we were all just going to be miserable. However, the opposite has been true, and since sharing a room, all of Alison's sleep issues have disappeared. It's a MIRACLE!
They've gone to bed together and even if one of them talks, the other one konks out. Alison hasn't come out of her room for silly things, she has quietly gone to the bathroom by herself in the middle of the night and has slept until 7 every morning and then slipped out of the room and goes quietly to the living room. Why didn't I move them sooner?!

Mimi and Poppy got Eli new bedding and decorations for his birthday and we purchased a twin bed for him last night, but are going to wait a few weeks until we move him up. Eli was very excited about all the trucks and the kids had fun putting all the stickers on the wall.

I found it challenging mixing boy and girl things. I want them each to feel like it's a special space for them and to feel comfortable...and I want it to be cute...and budget friendly. I'm sure I'll tweak things constantly, but I think they're both happy for now.



3 comments:

Ashley said...

super cute! so glad the transition has gone well! I'm wondering how many little ones we can cram into Luke's bedroom one day. :)

Kent J said...

Now I want trucks on my wall.

katherine said...

That's great! I'm so glad the transition has gone so smoothly. This is why I try to never worry about anything until I know it is going to be an issue--because you never know, it might be fine after all. ;) So glad that is the case this time.