September 12, 2015

A fun and dirty day

 Before I get to our day today, yesterday Colin went straight to the school room when he got up in the morning and started drawing.  He worked diligently for awhile and marched straight outside when he was done.
"I have to mail this to daddy!"

Today when he said, "I knew the mail truck would come get my map for daddy; he needs it for his adventure!"  So daddy, if you are reading this, please pretend you got that map because I had Alison sneak it out of the mailbox while I was doing school with him.

Alison had her very first soccer game this morning.  The grass was very wet from rain yesterday and it was pretty humid, so she was a hot mess by the end.  The boys did a fantastic job sitting on the sidelines with me :)


I have some not so positive things to say about soccer this year, but maybe I'm just at a grouchy stage in life.  The positives; her coaches are doing a good job teaching this new soccer player the game and she's having fun.  I was surprised to see for-real referees this morning (last year the coaches ran the games) but was proud of Alison for jumping in a following whatever someone told her.  It was hard to see who was who this morning because both teams were blue!
 

Alison's biggest fear on the field is getting kicked, so she doesn't really get in the game.  She's aware of what's going on and will follow the play, but she will not touch the ball.  At half time I gave her the same talk I gave Eli last year...this the one time you don't have to be polite and be aggressive.  You are strong!  I added to Alison's that she is fast and fierce and it's time to show her team that.  I don't think she believed me and made more friends on the sidelines than touched the ball, but she had a great attitude and I'm proud of her.


After soccer, we went to Eli's friend's birthday party.  Kristen set up a Ninja Warrior course in her backyard for the kids!  I was very impressed and also thankful that she welcomed all of our kids.  The kids went through the course one time and it started pouring!  We hung out on the deck until there was a little break and then the kids went back out in the rain.  I turned around and they were helping Colin on the zip line!


He jumped off and said, "I'm 3 now momma, I can do everything."
 

Eli wouldn't even go near that part, but Colin jumps on at the first chance he can get!

Part 2 of the course was swinging over the pool.
 



This is the rest of the course:
Not pictured is driving a little car around some cones and walking across 2 balance beams. 

The kids thought it was so fun to put on swimsuits and run around in the rain and mud.  I'm not sure it's what Kristen had planned for the day, but it worked and we all had fun.  We got in the car and Eli asked, "When Emmett turns 7, can I go to his party?"  and Alison asked when she could have a real birthday party.  All that to say, it was a fun and dirty day.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Wow! Colin has zero fear of ANYTHING! And good job, Alison!

PS Please tell Eli that this week I wished I were playing Minecraft with him so he could show me how to find diamonds.