September 16, 2015

Words are a growin'

Colin's language has been growing and growing and he's been saying the sweetest and funniest things.  I wish I could record him talking all day long.  

Remember that map he mailed to Ben?  He told me the next day that daddy needed it because he can't find his way home and that's why he's been gone for so long.  It broke my heart that he thinks his daddy is lost at sea, but I was so thankful that he was able to verbalize what he's been thinking so I could show him on the map where daddy is and the route in which he'll come home in 11 days!

Allison came over to play on Sunday.  Colin kept saying, "Where are the Alisons?"...for some reason it just made me laugh.




I picked him up from the Y and he ran into my arms, gave me a giant hug and said, "I was so worried about you momma."

We had some friends over yesterday afternoon and he wanted to help me make the brownies.
"I can do it momma.  I'm super strong now because I'm 3."


P.S. He picked out his own outfit.  Step #1 of preschool for Colin is learning to get himself dressed.

He set the table for our friends all on his own.  As he put the cups down he said, "Bailey (her name is Zelie), other kid, other kid, baby."  Ha!  He doesn't know their names, but was so excited to host them.


And don't even try to leave him out of a conversation!  We got a text from Granddaddy at dinner about Minecraft (Elizabeth and Kent started playing with Eli when they were here) and Eli was going on and on about what to tell Granddaddy...it was too long to type, so here's your response Kent:

1 comment:

Kent J said...

OMG I laughed and laughed.

This is all great advice. I'll see if I can put it to good use.