September 29, 2015

Cheers

Cheers to my last night being a single parent!


Lord willing, we will be picking Ben up tomorrow evening...in the rain probably, but who cares!

We are doing school for as long as we can (I'm even going to try to get some done in the morning) and today's snack was extra special.  Apples and pretzels with caramel dip.  Not so fancy, but today's snack time gave us time to talk about daddy coming home and Alison was able to talk through some things she is worried about.  She's a smart cookie and even put some things together that I hadn't.  We've been planning a party for the day daddy comes home and she realized that if he comes home tomorrow night, she'll be tired and we won't have time for our party.  Then Thursday Ben has a ceremony in the morning and she has soccer in the afternoon and she pieced together that it would be awhile before the party actually happened.  She is also worried that daddy won't be able to find us when he gets off the ship.  These are valid worries and I'm so glad she shared them with me!
 
it took Colin all morning to do his one job of putting on pants!



This clip is not as funny as usual, but it gives you an idea.  We always have sandwiches for lunch and everyday I'll ask Eli if he want a jelly or ham sandwich and he'll give me a 5 minute tutorial of everything he wants and I can never keep up with everything he asks for.  I love how he says mayonaise...it sounds like bandaids.


This is probably the longest clip I've posted on this blog, but we're always talking about how we wish we had the camera set up so we could just tape our everyday life.  Remember the good ole days when you could record hours at a time?  I was getting some things done at my desk this afternoon and Colin came in the school room and just started jabbering away.  Every sentence lately has ended with Momma.  This kid just cracks me up!

No comments: