September 10, 2015

School is in session

Before school begun, Kent took us to the movies for one last summer fling.  It was a really fun movie, although I felt I got more out of it than Alison (Inside Out...go see it).  Alison wanted a picture by the fountains after the movie because she's convinced she will never see water again when we move to Arizona.
 

Kent also took first day of school pictures for me.




Monday morning, before Elizabeth and Kent left, they played with the kids and I frantically organized school room.  My theme in life right now is "embrace the crazy".
Thankfully, Tuesday morning we were able to kick off school and it went way smoother than I anticipated.  The kids were excited and fell into our routine with ease.

I had to document our schoolroom at a clean state:

I love how Alison still got dressed up for the first day even though we were just at home.  Art for the day was painting the window:

 

We picked up ice cream on the way home from the Y that evening to celebrate a successful first day of school.


No comments: