February 13, 2020

Alison got braces!

We knew it would be a big day, I just didn't realize how big.
We took a picture before we left for the orthodontist.  Maya was cracking Alison up, as she insisted on being in the picture and then would cover Alison in kisses.


She was such a trooper.  She had to get a cleaning before they even started with the whole braces procedure...she was in that declined chair for over 2 hours!
She chose teal for her first band color and the second I saw her finished, she instantly grew up.  Sigh.  I was not prepared for how much older she would look.
Isn't she so cute?!


I had soft food prepared for the week, but I was also not prepared for how difficult eating would be.  They put "marshmallows" on her molars to change her bite, but that means that she doesn't really have a bite, on top of sore gums and teeth.

She basically has been living off of pudding and jello.  Eli has happily joined her snacks.  He sat with her one morning and they did math together, ate jello and he would occasionally give her a hug because she knew she was in pain.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Oh poor girl w/ the mouth pain. I never had braces so I don't know what it feels like but I'm guessing it's rotten.