January 27, 2009

The Climber


The first part of this video shows you why we bought Alison a slide. She is not allowed to climb on the coffee table, but I let the rule slide once for documenting purposes. I also knew the slide would be a good thing for Alison because in the last week she's started saying, "WEE!!" and throwing her hands in the air when we drive down a hill in the car. There are some things I just don't know where she learns it. Well, all my predictions were right and Alison was very happy that we got the slide.
I feel like I'm starting to sound like my mom more each day. This isn't a bad thing, it's just funny to me how I hear her voice in my head throughout the day. I think Alison has lots of fun things to play with now and she really likes them, but she still won't just go play in her room. If I tell her to go play she starts crying like I've banished her to the dungeon. I started getting a little frustrated at my little stuck-to-my-hip tike this afternoon and I said, "Alison, you have a room full of fun toys! Go PLAY!" Oh, I remember my mom telling me this countless times. We'd be at the pool and I'd hang on her legs instead of swimming and diving. When we traveled I'd hang on the back of her seat when she had set up lots of things for me to play with.
You might want to turn the volume up before you watch this video.

No comments: