January 24, 2009

A little organization

Organizing Alison's old clothes was a long term project on my
'to-do' list. By some miracle Alison slept for over 3 hours this afternoon and I was able to check it off my list (I LOVE checking things off my lists!). Ben was watching the KU basketball game while I sorted through sizes and put them in neat piles in containers. We got a little caught up in reminiscing about when Alison swam in itty-bitty outfits. It's funny to me how clothes can have such significant meanings, but I definitely got a little choked up as I remembered her at each stage of her life. When I got to the end of the pile I realized I had put some summer clothes in there that might still fit. And since it's much warmer here I pulled them out to see if they still fit. After we got home from swimming at the Y and getting a Sonic dinner we had a little try on old clothes party. Ben was trying to run through songs for Church in the morning before Alison had to go to bed, but he kept getting interrupted with laughter. It was hilarious to see her in things that a couple of months ago fit fine and now are way too short. Her little belly is so big now she looked pregnant in a couple shirts. She looks so grown up now and it just melts my heart.

3 comments:

edj3 said...

Ohhh she's grown so much! I remember when she looked like a little ganstah baby in that dress I made her. I bet the bloomers finally fit even though the dress is a bit on the small side.

katherine said...

This whole same wavelength thing is getting a little scary. Guess what I did yesterday? Sorted all of Anna's clothes into bins. Definitely brought back memories (for me--Dylan couldn't remember anything). If only Alison and Anna were more alike. Anna is skipping her third nap in a week.

CaraBrown said...

Wow, it looks like the dress still fits. Hopefully it'll fit her this summer yet, but it looks like she's growing so fast.