January 31, 2009

Granddaddy!


First, let me explain Alison's outfit in the video. Alison had been wearing my favorite outfit that day (see the next video) and I wanted to keep the jeans clean so she could wear them the next morning, but I was going to let her have ketchup with dinner, which always ruins her outfit...so I put her in a temporary outfit (i.e. her swimsuit cover up...I thought it would be fun). She didn't really care for the temporary could-get-dirty outfit and kept trying to take it off.
Anyway, Alison has been talking up a storm lately. Every day she pulls out her little photo books and looks at all our family. She usually points out Kent (granddad) right away, but I caught her saying nana and grandma. I thought it was cute how she turned it into granddaddy and grandmama.
I've been bringing William Boomer over every Thursday since we moved here for a play date with Alison. This week all of the Boomer kids came so George and Katie could go to a funeral. It was Hannah's birthday so we tried to make it a special day. Benjamin is the only one not in the video because he was out in the living room reading and avoiding the chaos of Alison's room.

3 comments:

edj3 said...

These videos just melt mine and Kent's heart--just so sweet. Thank you for taking time to post this one.

katherine said...

It's fun to see the Boomer kids again. I don't think I've met William. Alison is talking really well! Anna gets really hung up on multiple syllable words. It's pretty funny.

CaraBrown said...

That was fun to see the Boomer kids again. I think it's neat you all have each other and that Alison will grow up with those kids.