January 31, 2009

Happy 18 Months!!!

My peanut is a year and a half today! I know it was a little overboard, but I decorated a cake to celebrate. I really do it more for me, because I think it's fun to get out all my cake stuff and play.
Alison took one bite of the cake and was done. Oh, she really is ALL Ben. Instead, all she wanted was an Andie's Mint. Really? A mint is all she needs to be happy? I just don't understand how it is that I give her an entire cake to devour and she doesn't want any part of it. I made cookies the other day for a play date with Emerson's and she won't eat those either. She'll ask for a cookie all day long, but then when I give it to her she licks it once and then carries it around for about an hour. This morning I put a cookie on her breakfast plate and she didn't touch it. I remember as a kid my dad would let us have dessert for breakfast (I'm pretty sure he still does it and adds peanut butter to whatever it is-now that's what I'm talking about!) and I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. I just wanted to share with Alison some of life's simple pleasures...I guess I better figure out what that means for her.
Doesn't she look just like my mom in this picture?

No comments: