April 11, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Eliot!

Happy Birthday Eliot James!

I will never forget the day you were born and what a wonderful 2 years it's been since then.

I love 2. I love that a $5 bouncy ball is all that is needed for complete joy in a little boys life. I love the simplicity, the giggles and excitement of the stage.

I had planned a fun little party at a local farm for today. We were going to meet some friends there and enjoy playing and eating cupcakes. However, the weather changed on me and it was way too cold for a day at the farm. I moved the party to our house and then I woke up feeling horrible. I had to cancel the party...who cancels their son's party? I felt terrible! Thankfully, he's 2 and had no idea what was going on, but I still felt terrible. So instead of partying we:

Had blueberry muffins and sausage for breakfast
Opened a few more presents

Ate some cupcakes and blew out the candle at least 10 times.

And at this point mommy learned that little boys need aprons too.
I thought it would be fun to let Eli help me mix the frosting.
My brain must have been foggy...before I knew it he had chocolate ALL over his cute white birthday shirt. Which by the way, a HUGE thank you goes to my good friend Andrea who saves me every birthday and makes my kid's birthday shirts. And for that matter, thank you Jamie for all the decorations and to the grandparents for the presents. Pretty much, it's all thanks to you guys that Eliot had a birthday celebration. Maybe next year we'll actually get our act together around here.

Anyway, back to our day...I washed the birthday shirt while Eliot took a nap and then we were off to the Ice Cream Parlor.


They give out free ice cream sundaes on birthdays and we thought it would be fun just to get dinner there too. Plus, this pregnant and sick mommy didn't feel like cooking (did you catch that we had cupcakes for lunch?).


It was not the day I had planned, but it was still a sweet day of playing and snuggling and reading books and eating way too many sweets. Let's look at the positive side, at least I haven't set a high expectation on birthdays that I have to top each year. Some day we will have a real birthday party, but in reality, I enjoy quiet family birthdays much more.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a great birthday! Eliot is such a cutie!!!