April 26, 2012

Reminiscing

We've eaten so many strawberries this week!
And every time we pull out that big basket of berries, Ben and I start to think about this:

Our beloved strawberry patch in Michigan.
I know I didn't appreciate what I had at the time I had it.
I know I didn't use our abundance of berries like I should have.
I know I didn't help Ben out there half as much as I should.
And I regret it.  I wish I could go back.

But I will never, ever forget this moment:


Alison had just started walking that day.
It was a VERY exciting day for us as 'new parents'.
We took her out with us to pick berries and she toddled up and down the brick path.
It was such a sweet time and a beautiful evening.

Then, the 'new parent' in us really shown through.  Just about the time we realized that we probably should not have a wobbly, undressed baby outside on cracked bricks, she fell flat on her face and scrapped up her hands and knees.  Yep, I will always remember that mommy moment.  Why are my children never wearing clothes?!

A lot has changed since then.  My kids are often still clothes-less, but now there are KIDS.
And I never could have imagined that our sweet family time would turn to this.


And some how Eli has turned on a setting on our camera that is cropping all the pictures...we can't figure out what he did!  This little boy really knows how to keep me on my toes!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I just want to say that I am currently super proud of myself for not sobbing right now. What a post!