December 3, 2016

Decorating


Eli went from always being in pajamas, to always being dressed up.  Perfect example was tonight; I told him to go get pajamas on and he comes back downstairs with his army uniform over his pj's.  Lately, it's been dress up clothes all over their bedroom floor instead of legos.

Elizabeth brought fun nail polish when she was here last week.  The kids asked if they could paint my nails:


Eli did a surprisingly good job.

We spent last weekend working on decorating the house.  Eli's favorite part of Christmas decoration is putting up these houses.  It cracks me up because they were given to us as hand-me-downs a few years ago.  It's a good thing I love the family that gave them to us because he acts like they're heirlooms.


Eli was dressed up as Maya for the tree decorating...because why not?


Maya's first Christmas meant that she was completely unsure about this whole tree in our house thing.



The kids were SO excited to decorate.  A hard thing about moving so much is not having set places for decorations, which made setting things up challenging.  I put up the nativity and Alison kept moving the pieces so that everything was facing baby Jesus.  Then I would move it back to look pretty and she would move it back so they were praising Jesus.  It was kinda cute until a sheep was broken...


I took a little video of putting ornaments on the tree for Ben, but unintentionally got a clip of normal deployment banter.  This is real life with a deployed daddy: