December 1, 2016

Thanksgiving

I'm sure everyone reading is wondering how Thanksgiving went without Ben being home.  I felt better than I anticipated.  I think it was enough different to help me not think about him all day and enough familiar to make it Thanksgiving.  Family being here helped tremendously, especially for the kids.  I realized later that it was the first time since Ben left that they didn't talk about him being gone.


 Eli is always quick to snuggle up to Grandaddy. He'll just plop down on top of him any chance he gets.


Elizabeth made some appetizers for lunch.  We had a cheeseball and baguettes with goat cheese and fig jam.  I was astonished to find that the kids LOVED the goat cheese and fig jam.
Taking a Wii break for appetizers
 I spent too much time working on a puzzle.  Jordan and the kids helped too and it was a fun little escape for me.


I took the kids to the park for a little bit in the afternoon.


It was a little strange not to cook a thing, but I tried to just enjoy the break.  


Elizabeth made 3 desserts and the kids wanted some of each;
pumpkin pie, turtle cheesecake and raspberry tart.



Some ice cream was even snuck into the freezer for when the kids were in bed :) It was a great day and we look forward to extra smoked salmon dip next year!

No comments: