December 16, 2016

Eliot James

He is one sweet boy.

He is a creativity leader in this house.  At the parade, he saw some kids wearing horses made out of boxes.  The kids have been wanting a horse costume and I just don't want to buy it for various reasons.  A few days ago, Eli pulled some boxes out of the garage and went to work on making his own box horse.  He did it all himself, even measuring his waist to cut the hole the right size.  The funny part was, he cut it just the right size and couldn't squeeze the box on with his shorts on...so he took them off.  Pantsless horseman coming through!


He attached rubber bands to the box as his reigns, which kept making the head fall off.  There were boxes and tape and markers everywhere, but it is so fun watching his imagination at work.


Yesterday, was a bummer day; we woke up to a dead fish.  Alison fish, Skye, was not looking good the past few days and she cleaned the tank and was doing everything she could to take care of it.  How in the world we killed a betta is beyond me, but somehow we managed it.  We had a little funeral for it and picked up some donuts to try and lighten the mood, but it bummed me out.  Our plants are dying, the fish is dead...I thought for a moment about taking Maya to the vet just to make sure she's okay.  Nothing else can die!  Anyway, I guess Eli could sense my mood because he was extra sweet to me.  First, he asked me "What kind of rocks start a fire?" and was out in the yard collecting rocks.  When I asked him why he was trying to start a fire in the yard (hello! nothing else can die!) he said that he was trying to make a fire pit because he knows how much I love roasting marshmallows.  When I told him absolutely no fires will be happening, he started making a potion with herbs/not ripe oranges from the yard.  And when I wouldn't drink it, he resulted in making me a peanut butter and honey sandwich.  This was the first time he's made a sandwich all on his own.

 

 It actually was just what I needed.  Man cannot live on donuts alone.  We sat outside and had lunch and attempted our first game of scrabble.
 

Ben and I have been playing 'words with friends' together and the kids want to play too,   It was a great lesson in spelling, that's for sure!

No comments: