December 5, 2016

My boys

Our kids love stories at bedtime, which is a challenge for me.  Hello!  I have a blog so I can remember things because that's how bad my memory is!  I don't have stories stored in this noggin!  But I try.  The last several nights I've been telling them about when Ben and I met and when I was pregnant with each of them.  I love seeing their little faces light up when I tell them about these things.  Tonight, I was telling Eli about when I found out he was in my tummy, which lead to one of my favorite comments.

Me to Eli: "Alison was 2 years old and I REALLY wanted another baby.  I just knew that you were supposed to be a part of our family and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed for you.  The day I found out you were in my tummy, I was so excited that I jumped on our bed and woke daddy up because I couldn't wait another second to tell him that you were coming."
Colin jumps in: "What about me?"
Me to Colin: "We did not know you were coming Colin.  You were a surprise but God had a special plan for you in our family."
Eli: "Well, I guess you just prayed a little too hard for me momma and you got TWO boys."

Lesson learned: Don't pray too hard or God will give you double.  Noted.

Not a day goes by that I don't praise the Lord for giving us the unexpected blessing of a brother for Eli.  Watching these two together is my favorite.

Here they are playing church (which is not uncommon).  I tried to be sneaky about the video:


1 comment:

edj3 said...

They are wonderful to see together. And I've also loved watching Alison with them both through the years. What a great family.