April 2, 2020

Thank you California

There's a lot of really sad things going on in the world right now, so I'm trying to spend a little time each day thinking about what I'm thankful for.  


I'm thankful that we put together this art station and for time to spend on painting. 


I'm thankful for a beautifully warm day and the access to the beach on base.  Alison and walked along the water, looking for shells and watching the sea lions.  It was just what my soul needed this week.


I'm thankful for little boys who are overjoyed to play for hours in sand with a bucket and a shovel.





I'm thankful for my introvert who is oblivious to the quarantine and is happy to spend his days building Legos.


I'm thankful for Alison, who has come up with some amazing ways to stay connected with people. She's sent letters and taken the initiative to make phone calls or send Polos.  I've seen her do some really sweet things all on her own this week.

I'm thankful for Colin who is always willing to go on a bike ride with me or snuggle up to read a book.

I've thought a lot this week, how thankful I am to be in California.  I know I would be struggling even more if we were still in Arizona, knowing that when this is over, we will still be stuck inside with the heat.  Also thankful that we are here, and not over seas.  AND mostly thankful that Ben is home and not still attached to the Comfort or stuck on a deployment.

No comments: