August 18, 2008

Challenge

This evening Ben and I were talking about the blog and Ben informed me that I've slowly decreased in my posting and if I keep up this rate I will soon not be blogging at all. So I said, "Fine! I'll just blog every single day" and I was challenged to actually follow through with my outrageous statement. I whipped out the camera to take some pictures and realized I have more to blog about than I thought.


Beth just sent me some pictures of Ben holding Katherine. He's so good with babies!










Did I mention Ben taught Alison how to give kisses on the lips. Wow, they're wet! She kissed the mouse in this pop-up book this morning and ate his nose.


Alison reading Ben the animal book. She's so excited she's actually drooling (I hope it shows up on your picture because it's super funny!). She said 'kitty' and 'meow' all day. She's also started singing along with 'Old McDonald', but she only says the 'baa,baa' part.

Alison loves water so much she tries to jump into the water with the frog in the book.

Ben thinks it's relaxing to lay on the floor and play with Alison but to her its jungle gym time. She was hitting him with her favorite rattle and then laughing about his reaction.


Well, besides all the cute things our daughter is doing...my boss at the bank asked if I could babysit her granddaughter a couple of days next week. I said of course; I'm home anyway so what's another kiddo in the house. It's a long story about their family, but Madison is only a few days younger than Alison and I thought they would have a lot of fun playing together. Well, after I told her yes, she asked if I might be willing to watch her other granddaughter (Mackenzie, who's 5 months old) a couple of days a week for, well I guess forever. I talked to Mackenzie's mom today and she's going to come over Friday to discuss the whole thing. My reaction was much different than I anticipated. When I think about having a second child myself, I get scared. Of course I want another baby but I know the reality of the stress and hard work that come with it. But when someone else asks me to watch their child I say, "Sure! Bring them on over!" Maybe it's because I get to hand them back at 5:00 or maybe because if something bothers me I just blame it on the kids' parents and don't have to worry about it. I also realized that I want to give her what I would want someone to give to us. If I had to work (which by the way I'm so thankful that Ben works hard so I don't have to work, but only do a few hours by choice) I would want to have someone watch Alison in their home and I'd want someone who I knew loved and cared for my daughter like I do and would take care of her as their own. I hope I can help this family out and give them the support that they need. Maybe I'm completely crazy for taking on this adventure, but at least it will give me lots of things to blog about!

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Aw more cute pictures! And I love reading your blog, you write the way you talk so I can almost hear your voice as I read.

As far as multiple children go, I will tell you I was terrified when I had Ben. Not of Ben but of having two children--scared to death. In fact Rick had to drive to Indiana and I pretty much turned into a scared crying mess, so much so that he took Jordan with him.

Much love to all three of you :-)