August 24, 2008

Laughter

I had to take Alison to the doctor Friday for her high fever. They said that it's just a reaction to the measles/mumps shot she got a week and a half ago. The doctor said that she would have a fever for a couple more days and she would break out in a rash and to not let her come in contact with any other kids. So we canceled our weekend plans and have spent a lot of time snuggling. She doesn't want to sleep alone and is currently sleeping on our bed with Milo. I mentioned before Alison's new love for necklaces and I learned yesterday that they actually have a lot of power. When I got home from work Alison pulled off my necklace and put it on herself. She played happily for quite awhile (she also has a new fascination with sitting on top of the couch pillow). This morning she was really whinny but as soon as I put a necklace on her she was quiet. I think I'm going to invest in jewelry.


I realized yesterday that the only video we have of Alison laughing is now ancient. Yesterday she was playing with Smoochie and started cracking up. I was on the phone with my mom so the clip is really short, but I thought you all should hear her sweet laugh.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I hope the lil peanut is feeling better now. And I hope you guys have caught up on your sleep too!

CaraBrown said...

the picture of her in the necklace sitting on the pillow makes her look like a little princess going on a magic carpet ride.