August 21, 2008

Fever

We began our day playing with Luke again. Of course a nap didn't happen this morning either and this was what our 'quiet time' looked like.Alison took a few bites of lunch and was ready for a good nap. She didn't sleep very long and seemed very warm to me. We have several different thermometers and I tried using every single one of them. First I tried the pacifier thermometer but she wouldn't suck on it long enough to get a good reading and then I tried the under the arm one but miss squiggle pants couldn't sit still so that one didn't work either. I thought she must just be warm on this hot August day and went on my way to the grocery store. I've never seen our pantry so bare, so it was a very necessary trip and not the quickest. When we got home Alison seemed even warmer so I decided to just do the temperature thing old school and I'd rather not go into those details. Sure enough, 100.5! I panicked and called Beth. She assured me that Alison was fine and to just keep a close eye on her. I had closer than a close eye on her. We took a nap in our bed under the fan and I watched her every move. Now, don't think I'm crazy. Alison hasn't gotten sick yet so I'm still new to this whole thing. I'm sure in a few months I won't freak out as much. She had no other signs of being sick, but tonight I got a glimpse of a bottom tooth that popped through. I really don't like teething.
I think I should start my blog everyday with a picture of Alison's hair when she gets out of bed.

Ben and I bought Alison a walker for her birthday and until a few days ago she would only play with the mail that goes in the front slots. We finally figured out that we had the wheels too tight and it was too hard to push. Here's our little champ walking!

No comments: