December 29, 2011

Christmas Day, 2011




Alison and I were up at 6 am. We watched Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas Movie until the boys got up at 7. We opened stockings and I have never seen a little boy so excited about a sock full of food. He was so happy that the whole day, there was food everywhere! His hands were constantly full of some goody.




We opened presents and ate tea pastries. Ben and I were surprised we actually finished before church...the grandparents went a little overboard.

Ben won this Barbie guitar at his Youth Group white elephant gift exchange. It was the first toy the kids have fought over. I'm just impressed we've made it this far without fighting and it's kind of funny how much Eli wants that Barbie guitar. Alison was pretty funny when she opened it. Amongst the excitement, she said, "Daddy! Now I can play with you at church!" I'm excited to see her play and I love how the cheapest (or free) gifts are the ones they love the most.



We survived church. Honestly, I was feeling horrible all day and barely made it through church. And while we're being honest, I'll just let it be known that I let Eli play the ipod and eat fruit snacks the whole time. We had pigs n' a blanket and a cheese ball for lunch and then we slept the afternoon away.

Our sweet friends, the Yoakum's, had us over for Christmas dinner. It was so nice to not have to worry about cooking dinner and our kids are always greatly entertained over there. Although I wasn't feeling well, it was a great day of fellowship. I loved seeing the kids' face light up and seeing a smile on my hubby's face.

No comments: