December 9, 2011

Trouble


I'll think twice before putting this sweatshirt on Eli again.
I took a quick shower this morning while the kids watched a video and ate breakfast.
I came out a few short minutes later to Eli's face covered in marker and cereal all over the floor.
And while I was cleaning up the mess, Eli decided that was a great time to start opening Christmas presents.

Well, we survived the morning, but I feel like this is just what life is right now-crazy.

Just how crazy? Crazy enough, that Eli went potty this week.

He's been telling us when his diaper is dirty (he'll say 'diaper' or 'poopy') and will start taking it off. If someone goes to the bathroom, he says "potty", follows them in and starts taking off his clothes. So we decided it was time to just introduce him to the potty and let him ease into the whole potty training thing. First night, he sat down and went potty. We celebrated with some chocolate that ended up all over him and the bathroom, but hey, that's just how life is here :)

Notice his short hair? I chopped both kids hair this week. Eli's resulted in tears, but I really like Alison's short. Now if I could just get her to wear a somewhat normal outfit, we'd be in good shape.

No comments: