December 20, 2011

I'm Done

For the peace of mind of our concerned friends and family, I just wanted you all to know that I'm doing much better. The doctor had me come in yesterday to check my blood pressure. Everything is very healthy. My nutrient levels are excellent, my blood pressure is perfect. Apparently I have an abundance of progesterone in my body, which is causing the extreme sickness. It also causes the blood vessels in my body to expand which affects the blood flow in my body (sorry to all the medical professionals that are reading this, I know I'm totally botching this explanation)...which caused my near pass out episode. The doctor said what I'm experiencing is actually very common in pregnancy, I just have had two un-normal, easy, pregnancies, so this seems bazaar. All that to say, he said I don't have to cut back on anything, I just have to drink way more water than I think would ever be necessary to keep the blood flow in my body "regular".

I heard the baby's heart beat and that was it. I'm done. I'm done complaining about being sick. I'm done hanging on to expectations. I'm done with all the things that I thought defined who I am. I am who God made me, not what I make myself. So, bring on the sweatpants, piles of laundry and dirty floors. Bring on the heartburn, nausea and nights full of trips to the bathroom. I'm ready. With a smile on my face, I'm ready.

I'm excited to meet this Surprise Blessing. I'm excited to see Alison and Eli's face when they meet their new sibling. I'm even a little excited to hear Ben's name suggestions if it's a boy.

Some day I'll be smiling at a picture like this:

and thinking, "I can't imagine life without this baby!", because I sure can't imagine life without this precious little boy.

Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers. I know if you are reading this blog, that it means you love and care about my family, and with that comes reading about our ups and downs in life. There will be highs and there will be lows, and I'm thankful for the support through it all.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

YAY! This post made me cry! So full of good news!! I love you!

edj3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
edj3 said...

I deleted what I wrote because I had a big ol typo but here goes again:

This post made me cry too. I've said this before, and I'm sure I'll repeat myself again but I'm so very glad I have you as a daughter-in-law and I love you so much.

Kent J said...

Remember when I said you are an amazing woman and mother? This is the kind of thing I was talking about.