May 1, 2012

32 Weeks

Baby Update:
  • heart rate: 144
  • Following suite for a Shear baby...I'm measuring small and an ultrasound has been ordered for next week.  Ben and I roll our eyes, as we know we just have small babies, but we'll follow doctors orders and just make sure everything is okay.
  • I've started snoring, apparently loud enough to keep Ben awake...and considering I can't wake him up for anything important, it must be loud!
  • And the biggest update:
HE HAS A NAME!!!

Deciding on a name was no small feat.  It's been an agonizing process for me and I struggled with being anxious over it.  We've mulled over TONS of names, but our list of options was continously changing.  So one night, we sat down with a big white board and wrote out every name we've ever considered.  I told Ben our son's name was somewhere on that board and we weren't going to bed until we picked his name.  So we each grabbed an eraser and cleared off the names each of us absolutely could not do.  Then we wrote out all first and middle name combinations at the bottom.
Then Ben got a big smile on his face and said, "I think I like this one the best".
And I excitedly said, "REALLY?!  Then that's his name!!!"
And let it be documented that I came up with the name first and months ago had tried to convince Ben it was the perfect name.
We wrote out all the kids names together and I think it fits.  We haven't shared the name with anyone, even the kids.  Alison does not think it's fair, but she still wants a sister too...I guess that's just the hard knock life of a 4 year old.

2 comments:

lemming said...

Hezekiah? Horton? Wally?

edj3 said...

Ha! I'm excited to hear the name too, after lil Stinker is born. And I'm giggling that anything could wake up Ben.

You look amazing, Jen.