May 22, 2012

Beach Day


 The weatherman forecasted rain all week, but we woke up to a bright sunny morning.  So what better way to spend it than at the beach?  It was just what the doctor ordered for this momma.


 We picked up a lemonade slushy and I lounged on the beach while the kids played and ran around with the Aunts.


I fell more in love with my kids today.  I just soaked up seeing a smile spread across their face, hearing Eliot shout "ocean" over and over and watching Alison become the bravest little girl and "surf" with Mimi.


I'm not sure I would have made it through the week without these women here to help me.  I hope they know how much I appreciate everything they did...from cooking, to cleaning, to loving on my kids, to listening to me complain about all the aches and pains.  The kids and I will surely be going through some withdrawl tomorrow when we have to say goodbye.

By the way, the kids LOVED the ocean this year.  Neither were the slightest bit hesitant to jump in and were anxious to get wet.  Rachel said that both of them would try to pull her deeper and deeper into the water, simply not able to get enough of the ocean.  It's amazing how things change over time.  And if you need a little glimpse of how big Surprise Baby is getting, here you go:



2 comments:

alicia said...

Oh goodness! You cannot be almost full term:) I was that small at like 20 weeks!!!

CaraBrown said...

I love seeing how you are being so cared for right now. You have a wonderful family.