May 19, 2012

My 30th Birthday

The best present ever came at 4:30 am when I got a "secret" text from Ben.  Oh, it was so good to hear he's okay and that he was thinking of me.  Then, somehow he sent me flowers.  They arrived while I was out getting a pedicure and Alison added a sweet card to go with them.  It took everything in me not to completely loose it.  The simple things.  Yes, it's the simple things that get me.

I had a fantastic day and am so thankful Rachel and the girls were here...they certainly know how to make a girl feel loved.  Rachel made me crepes for breakfast and then we went to get a mani/pedi.  I don't think I've ever been so relaxed.  We picked up a very big diet coke (my current big time craving) from Sonic on the way home and after the kids napped, we heading out to do some shopping and had dinner at Abuelo's.  I requested ice cream cake for dessert and Rachel very sweetly put a '29' candle on it for me.  I was not excited about turning 30, especially being 35 weeks pregnant.  I had dreamed of spending it on the beach with a margarita, but alas, the Lord had other plans.
 



2 comments:

alicia said...

I am so happy to hear you are getting much needed help and rest at this stage! The nursery looks awesome! Where is Abuelo's? Is it new? The last time we ate there was when we lived in Wichita.

Jamie said...

YAY! What a great birthday!