May 12, 2012

Our Adventure Begins


Ben left this morning...34 days until he comes home.
Today went much better than I anticipated.
Yesterday was HARD.  Seeing Ben say goodbye to the kids was the hardest.
Hearing Eli ask for Daddy today was even harder.

We stayed busy today and it felt almost "normal".  We hit some garage sales, ran some errands, went swimming, got a treat from the ice cream man and had movie night.

However, apparently my belly is now too big to see what I'm doing:

Eliot's obsession with Thomas has escalated to the point of filling his arms with trains when it's time to leave.
I'm ending day 1 feeling SO THANKFUL.  I thought I would be weepy all day, but we had a really good day.  I think if I can keep my eyes focused on the day at hand, instead looking at the big "5 weeks and oh yeah, you're about to pop" picture, things will go much smoother.

3 comments:

lemming said...

Like the Daddy sandwich. :-)

Can big sis get a pic or two of you? Will make her feel important *and* serve as documentation for the future!

Vanessa said...

You are doing so well! Hang in there and keep staying busy. I think the hardest times are when the kids ask for daddy (or when they stop asking for him :(... that's even harder) and when you're trying to go to sleep. Those are the times when prayer has always helped me. Thinking about you guys!!!

katherine said...

Those are great photos.