May 14, 2012

Mother's Day


Alison gave me the best Mother's Day present ever.  I was surprised she even remember what the day was-I hadn't said a thing.  But when she woke up, she immediately grabbed a piece of construction paper and a stencil.  All by herself, she wrote "I Love You" with a heart at the end.  When she presented it to me, I teared up.  Yes, I'm pregnant.  But she remembered that I had told her all she needed to do was tell me she loved me and this was the first time she's ever wrote a sentence all by herself without asking for help spelling.  

We got ready for church and the kids looked absolutely adorable.  I mean, they were stinkin' cute and I had hopes of a beautiful picture.
Eliot did not want any part of cuteness.


 And this is the best I could get of Alison.  I guess you're just going to have to take my word for it.


After church, I picked up a huge diet coke and enjoyed a movie with twizzlers while the kids' napped.  Then we went over to some friends house for dinner.  Stacie's husband is deployed right now, so we thought it was only fitting to spend Mother's Day together.  We planned a ham, fresh bread and mashed potato dinner...but something went wrong with the ham and we ended up eating hot dogs and mac n' cheese.  The kids loved it and Stacie and I just had laugh.  I guess that's what life of a mom is-sacrifice, improvisation and loving a smile on your kids' face.  It was great to spend the day with one of the most encouraging mom's I know. 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so thankful you had a happy Mommy day. I'm so proud of Alison!!!

edj3 said...

Love Alison's card, that's really cool she remembered and did that by herself. And poor lil Eliot--he looks so unhappy in the picture.