May 9, 2012

The Kids


I LOVE 2.  I am absolutely in love with this stage.  I think I say that in every stage, but right now, I feel like the Lord has blessed this stage for me.  I love hearing Eliot talking and saying new, funny things all the time.  Just hearing him say "Mommy!" melts my heart.  This toothy smile has helped me get through many moments this week.


Eliot at 2...
He loves to get ALL of his cars and trains out and lines them up through the house.
He is totally in love with Thomas the train.
We him 'Bubby' way more than we should.
He calls Alison 'Sissy'.



Alison has been very concerned about Mother's Day.  Sunday we went to a Mother's Day Tea for church and the drive there was full of questions about what Mother's Day is, what she was supposed to do, and how was she going to get me a present if daddy was gone.  I told her not to worry, that she just needed to say 'I love you' and we would spend the day together.  She said, "So, it's just a normal day?"....yes, I suppose it is.


All the kids made flower pots for their mom's, however, Alison didn't feel like that was enough and has worked on several projects since then.  Yesterday, she took a heart doily and sticky letters and wanted to write 'Happy Mother's Day'.  She needed a little help with the spelling...this is how our conversation went:
Alison: "Mommy.  Does M-A-D spell Mother?"
Me (trying really hard not to laugh): "No sweetheart.  M-A-D spells mad"
Alison: "AH!  I don't want to say Happy mad Day!"
Sadly, this led to a complete meltdown.  She tried again that evening, but I laughed even harder when I realized that to her, it's not 'Happy Mother's Day'...it's 'Happy Motter Stay'.
I ended up with a doily that says 'Hppy Mot Stay'.
I'll take it.



When I finally get to sit down at the end of the day, Surprise Baby decides it's time to play...this particular evening I felt like he was just going to jump out of my tummy.  It's crazy to see legs roll by and feet stick out-definitely creeps Ben out.



We had our ultrasound this week and the baby is already over 5 lbs.   Um, Alison was 5 lbs when she was born at full term, so I don't think there's any concern about me measuring small.  The technician was in such a rush that the pictures were absolutely terrible.  At least I know he's healthy and head down and he's #3...or else I would be pretty mad at that lady.

The song played during the baby video is a song Ben and I have been playing frequently through our house.  First, we both just love it.  But for me, it's where I hope our focus is and pray for our family.  It is a gift to keep things simple.
I pray that our focus would be on Christ, and Him alone.
I pray that His peace would fill our home and that we would cherish the simple moments in our family's life.

4 comments:

lemming said...

Two rocks. I love dit.

edj3 said...

Til you wrote this post, I'd forgotten that Ben used to line up every toy car and truck in the house. Wow that brought back memories.

Jen Shear said...

I'm glad you said that, I was afraid he was OCD, but Ben keeps telling me it's a boy thing

Ashley said...

So sweet! That baby is moving!