June 19, 2015

2 weeks down


Guess what I got to see yesterday!


These are the first pictures we've been able to see of Ben since he's been gone.  We even got to Face Time for a few minutes while he was visiting a school in El Salvador!



Here's the scoop on Ben...at least what I know.  He's on this ship:


He's one of 3 Chaplains aboard.  His days on the ship are full of counseling and leading worship services.  The cool part of this opportunity is that Ben is on the small team of people that get off the ship when they port and gets to go into the villages with the doctors and meet with families of those having surgeries.  They do about 15 surgeries a day and I think it's a unique opportunity for him to be there praying with them.


This week, he spent one day in the village with the doctors and the next day at the school playing soccer with the kids.  When we FaceTimed with him, Colin kept saying, "Daddy, where are you?!  I'll come play soccer with you!"

On our end, I am tired.  Eli seems to be affected most by Ben's absence and has been up the last several nights with bad dreams.  He finds comfort in sleeping in Ben's spot, but that means not great sleep for me.  He has consistently done this when Ben has been gone for long periods of time...I'm just not sure how to get him to sleep well.

No comments: