June 14, 2015

Happy 3rd Birthday Colin!

When Colin got up this morning, I said "Happy birthday Colin!' and he said, "Happy birthday to you, momma!"  Every person that told him happy birthday, he would say happy birthday back to them.




We had chocolate donut holes for breakfast, after Colin opened presents.


It was hard prying ourselves away from the fun to get ready for church.  Somehow Alison had the brilliant idea of getting dressed right when she got up...she's a smart one :)

We went to church, had lunch and watched Transformers (Colin ended up being too excited to nap).  In the afternoon we went to Target so Colin could pick out a special present. 


Target didn't have the right transformers, so we went to Toys'RUs.  The kids were in heaven.  Colin finally settled on a transformer and a ukelele!  He is so excited about having a "tar" (i.e. guitar) just like daddy.


riding the car in ToysRUs

Then we went to Red Robin for dinner.   We went there for Alison's 3rd birthday, so we claimed it a tradition, except Eli was sick on his 3rd birthday and I think we just ordered pizza...sorry bubby.








He wasn't crazy about the ice cream, but we picked up some s'more oreos and he thought those were great.  They are, by the way, great.  Be warned before you buy them.

Tangent:  I noticed both boys talk about wearing a dress lately.  I'm thinking it comes from me telling them to get "dressed", but they just hear dress.  I assure you they are not wearing dresses.  But we got home from Red Robin and Eli said, "I'm really glad I wore this dress to dinner.  I wanted to look nice for Colin's birthday."  It melted my heart to pieces.

He tried to go to bed with his helmet and ukelele. 

I guess turning 3 is a big deal.  Alison and Eli sure thought it was.  The past week they've been saying, "When Colin turns 3, he'll talk like a big kid" and "When Colin turns 3, he'll know all his colors."  And then today they were baffled why he didn't suddenly talk clearly and know everything they did.  I tried to explain that it takes time to grow, but they seemed kind of annoyed that he wasn't suddenly bigger.  With 3 brings more independence and lots of growing.  There's things I'm looking forward and then there's part of me that just want to go back to holding my tiny baby.

"I do all myself!"
 Happy Birthday Colin William!

No comments: