June 17, 2015

Lights, camera

Action!


The theater called this week.  They want our kids.

We went to Barnes and Noble to check out their summer reading program.  Colin found the story time stage and started dancing and singing.

Alison then asked if we could stop by Chipotle for lunch. 


Alison wrote and directed a play this week.  She's really been into writing songs and plays lately.  I got to  audition to play the teenage sister and she designed my outfit and did my hair to fit the part.   She wrote out lines and actions and taught the boys their part.  I really was impressed.  I was also super impressed that the boys cooperated (minus the fact that Eli refused to wear pants) and Eli even said his lines! 
Here's Eli's part:



I taught myself to grill this week. 
 
 Corn, sweet potatoes, chicken...all on the grill



I'll leave you with this video.  Eli is getting more comfortable in the water every day.  It's only been a few weeks and look how much he's going under water.
P.s.  he's pretending to be a shark.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

Oh I'm laughing at the plays, the grilling and most of all the shark. That pool is such a nice thing to have, isn't it?

Jamie said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I am super intimidated by the grill!! I don't even know how to start it :(