June 13, 2015

Completely worth it.

Alison was asking me about Colin's birthday tonight.

A:  What time was Colin born?
Me:  Around 12:20am.  It was right after midnight.  That's why I always get his birthday wrong, because it felt like he was born on Wednesday, but it was really Thursday.
A:  How did you get to the hospital that late at night?
Me: Aunt Beth drove me really, really fast.
A:  Did a cop pull you over?
Me: No, but I think Aunt Beth would not have minded if a cop saw us.
A: Why?
Me:  Because we needed help.  Colin was coming really, really fast.
Colin:  That's because I really, really wanted you momma.

With that, he ran into my arms and gave me a big hug.

And that, folks, is all I needed.  It was all completely worth that moment.


2 comments:

edj3 said...

Oh that melted my heart! Happy birthday to Colin and huge hugs to you, Jen, for being such a wonderful momma and wife and all round human being.

Jamie said...

JEN!! Goosebumps and tears in my throat. I know what that meant to you. Oh, Jen. Oh, Jen.