June 5, 2015

And so it begins

It's day 1 of deployment. 
 My brain is still trying to process everything...I'm really looking forward to getting my brain back.

Ben packed up yesterday morning and was serenaded by Colin as he worked.


It was a quiet ride to the airport.  Alison is the only one who really gets what's going on and she left Ben with a note telling him that when he gets back she'll be 8 and in 3rd grade and how we'll go camping.


Goodbyes stink.  There's really no way around that truth.  The hardest part was Colin screaming "I need my daddy!" as we drove away.  He continued to ask the rest of the day where daddy was and why we didn't go with him on the plane (he flew to meet the ship that is already at sea).  They say the first month is the hardest...I guess there's only one way to find out.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

This makes me cry.