June 25, 2015

for the love...

A few days after Ben left, construction started on our shower.  The shower has been a problem since we moved in, but going on 3 weeks of sharing a bathroom with the kids is not the most fun.  Added to that, "shower guy" shows up at random times during the day, most of the time during our quiet time and is anything but quiet.  For the love all things, if he could just show up when I asked him to come!  AND, the tile doesn't even match! (he's added more on the wall that matches even less, but I can't get a good picture.  oh, the woes of renting)


The grilling has continued.  I kinda love it.  a lot.
bruschetta chicken, sweet potatoes and no, I didn't grill peas.

I love that the clean up consists of throwing foil into the trash and Alison has really gotten into helping me.  However, she's worried that Ben and I will fight over who gets to grill when he gets home.  She keeps saying, "Daddy will be so surprised when he gets home!  He'll go out to grill, but you'll already be out there and he'll say 'Hey! I do the grilling!'"

But let's be honest, this is the real reason I love grilling.



It's the perfect dessert and I have a huge love for roasted marshmallows.

We went to see Rio2 yesterday, for the theaters' free summer movies.
Free movie with reclining comfy chairs?  Yes please!




It was Colin's first movie.  He did really well until the last 30 minutes when he just couldn't sit any longer.  Thankfully we were on the end of the back row, so he had some room to wiggle and not disturb anyone.



We did a little shopping after the movie and then hit the pool.




My favorite quote of the day:
At the pool, there was a group of boys were playing with squirt guns and Eli kept getting in the line of fire.  It was clearly bugging him, but he didn't know how to ask them to stop.  He said to me, "Mom, you know who will make those boys stop being mean?  God.  God will make those boys stop!"

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Wow Eli is really swimming well now! I'm so impressed.